Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Greetings from Kansas!

As a fellow member of this year's MSTP entering class at WashU, I thought I would share a little bit about myself.

I'm also 22 years old, and I just graduated from Rice University in Houston, TX. I just arrived back in Overland Park, KS* today after a two day drive from Houston, and I am definitely glad to be out of the car! I was born and raised in the Kansas City metro area, but I actually spent a fair amount of time in St. Louis growing up because my mom is from there, and we have family that still lives there. I have three older siblings (2 brothers and a sister) and a dog that I might bring with me to St. Louis.

It was kind of bittersweet leaving Houston because I really enjoyed my time there, but I'm really excited about moving to St. Louis in a few weeks!

*For those that care, Overland Park is a suburb of Kansas City. I live in Kansas, but I actually live closer to Kansas City, MO than to Kansas City, KS (and yes there are two). And just because I know you might be wondering: I don't live on a farm, I don't know Dorothy or Toto, I do have indoor plumbing, and the closest I have ever been in a tornado was actually in Houston. =)

No comments: